Six Reasons to See Your Dentist During Pregnancy
1. Dental care is safe and effective at any stage of pregnancy. Untreated dental disease can be harmful to you and your baby.
2. Hormonal changes experienced during pregnancy can cause bleeding gums or other dental issues.
3. Gingivitis, or gum inflammation, affects 60 to 75 percent of pregnant women, and left unchecked, it can become periodontal disease. Untreated periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss.
4. A mother with active tooth decay can spread bacteria to her unborn child.
5. Pregnant women with dental pain also may self-medicate inappropriately. There have been reports of women taking excessive doses of Tylenol for pain relief of dental infection.
6. You want to receive Dr. Silberman’s tooth fairy pillow as his gift to your new baby and see the entire office team excited about your new little blessing!