CEREC crowns are the definition of convenient:
They only take one appointment to design, create, and place!
Plus, they eliminate all the hassles of traditional crowns like putty impressions, waiting weeks, wearing a temporary crown, and having multiple appointments.
Sounds great, right?
A big concern patients have is the quality.
Does a CEREC crown last as long as a traditional crown?
A same-day crown isn’t going to be “convenient” if you have to get it replaced more often than a traditional crown.
And that’s what we’re going to cover in this blog:
Let’s dive in!
Are CEREC crowns any good?
CEREC crowns are just as good as traditional crowns.
This type of crown is made from one solid block of porcelain material, which is:
- Extremely durable
- Long lasting
- Not subject to decay
- Stain resistant
- Natural looking
- Metal free
CEREC crowns are suitable for front and back teeth, including molars!
Same-day crowns are made with CAD/CAM technology, which is meticulously accurate, whereas putty impressions leave room for errors.
With CEREC, you can feel confident knowing your new crown will fit securely, function comfortably, and look natural.
How long does a same-day crown last?
On average, a CEREC crown lasts 10 to 15 years.
With excellent care, a CEREC crown can last 20 to 30 years.
This is the same for a traditional crown too.
10 tips to make your dental crown last longer
Follow these tips to extend the lifespan of your crown:
- Choose an experienced CEREC dentist.
- Wear a custom nightguard if you clench or grind your teeth.
- Wear a custom mouthguard while playing sports.
- Don’t chew on hard objects like ice or pencils.
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool like opening a bottle.
- Eat a balanced diet while limiting sugar and stain-causing foods or drinks.
- Brush your teeth twice per day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Floss at least once per day.
- Visit your dentist at least once every six months for a routine exam and oral hygiene appointment.
- Contact your dentist ASAP if your notice any unusual signs, such as the crown becoming loose or cracking.
Looking for CEREC crowns in Waldorf, MD?
Contact The Silberman Dental Group!
Dr. Paul Silberman was one of the first dentists to offer CEREC crowns in the Waldorf area, beginning in 2001.
He and Dr. Daniel Barakh are perfectionists about making sure your crown fits, functions, and looks flawless.
Our team is also dedicated to your overall experience. Whether you’re afraid of the dentist or worried about costs, we’re here to help you conquer barriers, so you receive the high-quality, modern dental care you deserve.
To get started, schedule a visit today!
Or you can:
Our dentists are located in Waldorf, MD and see patients from across the state, including Charlotte Hall, White Plains, La Plata, Brandywine, Accokeek, and Mechanicsville.